Saturday, September 20, 2014

Medieval Bookbinding Introduction

Good day,
My name is Katherine Devereaux of York. I am a bookbinder and stationarii. I took over the business when my father died. I belong to the guild and we meet weekly at the merchant adventurer's guild hall in York.

I am a loyal Yorkist and proudly wear the white rose and support our King Richard III and Queen Anne. This is a turbulent time of civil war in our country but daily life continues.York is a beautiful city and I hope that you get a chance to come and visit it sometime.

I hope to share with you how we make books, the tools we use, and other interesting information as we go along.

I must return to the shop. I have quire to sew.

For more information on the guild hall: http://www.theyorkcompany.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment